Access Statement For Bubnell Cliff Farm
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our two-bedroom farmhouse bed and breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavor to help.
• Bubnell Cliff Farm is a working farm situated approx 0.75 miles from the nearest bus stop and approx 13 miles from Chesterfield train station and approx 7 miles from Grindleford station. The bus service is irregular and guests without transport would need to check timetables before planning their visit.
• Wheatlands Lane is a unlit country lane and, in the main, uphill.
• Bubnell Cliff Farm drive is, as common with many farms, uneven limestone and can be muddy in the winter months.
• There are two taxis proprietors in the village.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• No marked parking bays but there is ample room for all cars in the farm yard
• The surface is limestone/gravel.
• There is a small flagstone area between the parking area and access to the garden/front door
• Distance from parking area to front door is approx 12m
• The parking area has lighting to aid access to guests entrance
• We can assist guests with luggage
Main Entrance & Reception
• The guests entrance is situated at the front of the house and accessed by a gravel path.
• There are 3 steps up to the front door entrance - 15cm deep, the doorway is approx 1m wide
• The door is usually locked and guests are supplied with a key on arrival if required.
• The entrance hall is carpeted and approx 140cm wide.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The only public room situated on the ground floor is the guests lounge/dinning room.
• Most public area's are carpeted - the exception being the guests lounge/dinning room which has a stripped wood floor and the en-suite bathroom which has cushion flooring.
• Hall and stairs are well lit.
• The staircase has a handrail to the right-hand side. The stairs are carpeted
Public Areas - WC
• There are no public WC's apart from those in the guests bathrooms.
• Breakfast is served in the dinning room on the ground floor. There are no steps
• Table extends to seat 8, under space of 63cm, if seated at end 74cm (There are chairs with arms and without which can be moved to accommodate)
• Menu can be provided in large print if required, choice of breakfasts is also explained to guests on arrival.
• There is no background music in any area of the B&B.
• Drying facilities can be provided if required - please ask
• There is a local Spa shop in the village, approx 1 mile walking distance which sells newspapers, cards, wine and most food commodities.
• Small garden.
• Garden furniture provided on request - if not readily available.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
• Two double rooms - both approached by 16 stairs from the entrance hall.
• Stairs are 20cm high and 23cm deep and 83cm side with wooden hand rail to right hand side.
• Bedroom 1 has ensuite facilities, and standard size double bed
• Bedroom 2 has a private bathroom situated approx 5m along the landing and king size bed.
• Beds can be accessed from both sides.
• Both beds have wooden frames and slatted bases, bed side tables and lights.
• Duvet and pillows on both beds are non feather
Bathroom, [Ensuite or Private]
• Ensuite bathroom has an over bath shower with shower screen, toilet, washbasin, heated towel rail and cushion flooring. The bath is approx 56cm high. The gravity fed shower is thermostatically controlled. The doorway from bedroom is 66cm wide.
• The private bathroom also has an over bath shower( power) with shower screen, toilet, washbasin. This bathroom is carpeted. Doorway from landing is 79cm wide.
• Both showers are operated with a lever movement from left to right.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Grounds and Gardens
• Small front garden accessed via the front door, down 3 steps (see above)
• Small amount of garden furniture - table, chairs (director type)
• We will try to accommodate any special dietary requirement - please discuss when booking.
• We will store small items needing to be kept cool in our fridge e.g special dietary products or medication.
• Address: Bubnell Cliff Farm, Wheatland Lane, Baslow, Bakewell. DE45 1RF
• Telephone: 01246 582454
• Fax: n/a
• Minicom: n/a
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Emergency number: Local Doctor: 01246 582216 or 999
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone or email